How to install macros for CorelDRAW X4 - X7
VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) must be installed.
In CorelDraw version: Home & Student and Home & Education all macros will not work!
- Copy the macro file *.gms to the folder GMS.
For Windows Vista or Windows7/8:
- if CoreDraw X4:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\
- if CoreDraw X5/X6/X7:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5/X6/X7\ Draw\GMS\
To copy is convenient to use a special utility 'InstallGMS'. (for .gms files only)
- Start or restart CorelDRAW.
- Select in the Menu Bar: Tools-Customization...
- In the opening Options select: Customization - Commands.
- In the drop-down list select: Macros.
- In the list of installed macros, search for the macro
- In the Appearance tab:
− In the Caption field – you can adjust the name of the macros or to set it;
− In the Image field – you can draw a button, or select from preinstalled,
clicking on Import.
− Button Files ... allows you to import a picture.
- Drag the macro you want from the list to the toolbar and click OK
If the macro file has the extension *.exe, run it and follow the messages. Macro and additional components will be installed in the correct folder. Then follow paragraphs 2 to 8.
How to remove macros
If the macro file has the extension *. gms, then remove it from the GMS folder. (see above).
If the macro file has the extension *. exe, then: Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs.